Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008 Goals - A brief discussion

Last year at this time, I shied away from posting my goals in non-financial areas.

This year, I've decided on the opposite tack for several reasons.

First and foremost, everything I do has a spiritual bent. My Catholic faith is central to who I am. I see myself as the Director of Finance for God's funds, rather than a conventional owner. As such, you Dear Reader are entitled to know my perspective so you can comment or ponder whatever I post from that perspective.

Second, it has become much more challenging for me to separate my personal, business and financial goals as life has progressed. For example, my desire to do well in the business world is based on Colossians 3:23. My weight reduction goals are based upon my belief that I need to take care of my own personal Temple of the Holy Spirit. Even financial goals are focused on wealth creation, not in and of itself, but because of the independence it will (God willing) ultimately provide. This is why I constantly debate a "finish line" goal: the net worth at which I will give away everything above and beyond that goal (more on this in a future post).

I hope that you find this enriching to my posts and (any) discussions.

No comments: